Lightbulb Unanswered: Form, Help.... Please

hi guys im in need of your expert advise.... im currently building a database that manages projects and employees and supervisors, well i got some parts done but these are the ones that are giving me a headache i have to do a form where a supervisor looks at field and selects it (employee) then when he has selected his employee he the assings the project that he is going to work on and the machinery..... now i've done the first part of selecting the supervisors employees but even that glitches :'(... what my basic idea is that a super selects a employee (his info pops out) then in a sub form the supervisor can select the projects the he will be working on and the machinery.... this is what i thought up but i don't know if that is no good or is there a better way of doing it.... can someone please explain to me how can i do this... or if you have an example even better

thnx very much in advanced

Please some additional info

Dear Aleman,

Please explain a little bit better so I can help you out.

regards,

Brussels BOB

rrz_enterprises@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Aleman
    hi guys im in need of your expert advise.... im currently building a database that manages projects and employees and supervisors, well i got some parts done but these are the ones that are giving me a headache i have to do a form where a supervisor looks at field and selects it (employee) then when he has selected his employee he the assings the project that he is going to work on and the machinery..... now i've done the first part of selecting the supervisors employees but even that glitches :'(... what my basic idea is that a super selects a employee (his info pops out) then in a sub form the supervisor can select the projects the he will be working on and the machinery.... this is what i thought up but i don't know if that is no good or is there a better way of doing it.... can someone please explain to me how can i do this... or if you have an example even better

thnx very much in advanced
    Well first of all you have to explain how your tables relationships. In RDBMS like Access, table strture and relationships play the most important roles. For your logic, yes that can be done depending upon how good your design is.
    You can post your db for someone to make good comments on it.

Talking the explination

hey guys thanx for answering, in regards of me explaining more well here goes.. the whole spec of the databese.... it is a project tracking system, i build it in msaccess and later on will be migrating to sql server..... an employee comes in and types in the hours that he worked on that project, he can multiple things for one project or he could do multiple things for various projects, these projects are assign by the supervisor, that is one part the other part is the machine part, the employee(s) could have one pice of machinery in the project or he can have many pices of machinery in that particular project, also many employees can have the same machine working but not in the same project the supervisor is the one that can manage everything he is the one that assigns the machinery to the employee, the projects to the employees, and he can also add, delete the employees... there is a table called "Timer" this particular table is the one that i want to keep track of cuz is the one thats going to tell me how much work did the employee put in the projects or the day or the month.... this for leting the supevisor know if he needs to hire more help or to start firing people.... i hope this is sufficient if not type in the parts that u dont understand i'll clarify them more... thnx Bob

in regards of me posting my database i can sure do that there it is.... i can sure use ur help guys... and any comments or sugestions are welcomed
    and thanx khan
    Attached Files Attached Files

thanks Aleman, let me take a look at your app and will comeback (or email it back) to you with the fix.

hey khan any luck? with th DB???