Provided Answers: 1

Question Unanswered: "Disappearing" Tables

Hi there!

If I am using SQLplus I can pull up on screen a list of 33 specific tables, which is what I expect. However, when I try to do the same in OEM I can only see 16 of them. They are all supposed to be in the same named schema (the 16 I can see are where they should be). I have looked (in OEM) through all the other schemas for the missing tables but can't see them. The tables relate to data gathering, so are produced automatically, as opposed to being produced by a user.

Any suggestions as to why they all 'exist' in SQL but not in OEM, please?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Could 17 of your tables be views?

What happens when you issue the following command

select tabtype,count(*)
    from tab
    group by tabtype;

This will give the total number of tables and views in your current schema.

PHP Code:
    select 
      owner

tablename 
    from dba_tables 
    where tablename in 
    (select tablename from user_tables); 
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Hi there, & thanks for the advice, The_Duck & beilstwh.

I've run the commands that you suggested, which didn't show anything more than I had already said, but they did get me thinking some more. As I'm dealing with Capacity Planner I queried the vp_service_ref & vp_class_ref tables. If I do a 'select from vp_class_ref' I can see the entries listed that I would expect; however when I do a 'desc' on any entry listed in vp_class_ref where the corresponding table doesn't appear in the OEM schema I get the error 'object does not exist'.

So the class references for the tables exist, but not the tables themselves (which would explain why the tables are not showing in the schema & why I originally thought the tables did in fact exist).

Can anyone help me further on this one, please?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

are they dblink tables with synonyms?

try selecting from all_syns or all_synonyms
    - The_Duck
    you can lead someone to something but they will never learn anything ...

Thanks for your help on this one; after the advice given & some checking by myself I think the only way forward is to 'reset' the service in Capacity Planner and start again.

Thanks again for your help in trying to resolve the problem.