Unanswered: Subtotal help please!!!???

Hi All,

I am new to this site and I am hoping that you can help me. I have created a database for use in entering tickets for a wine festival. I have a main form that allows to user to select the winery and a subform to enter the bottles of wine qty's and prices. I have created an extended price field that totals each line, but I want a total for the whole ticket. That is a total of all of the wine purchased on this particular ticket. So I created a query that gave me a subtotal based on the transaction number from the main form. I then put a text box in the subform footer and tried to link it to the query and I get -----"?Name" ----I have also tried a few other things, but this is making me crazy. Shouldn't this be an easy thing?...I am using Access 2000, but this app will be running in 97.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Melanie

On your sub-form you have a field that is totaling all of the wine the customer wnats to buy. I am going to call that field WineTotal. If you want it to show on your main form, create an unbound text box on the main form and in the control source type =[Child2].Form!WineTotal. This will bring the total to the main form. Child2 is what the name of your sub-form is, mine happend to be Child2. You never said anything about saving the total, but you shouldn't have to because you can always have access do the math each time you go back and look at what was ordered, or even for a quarter/yearly report.

Hope this helps.