Unanswered: How to convert from Windows components to Linux components for database connectivity?

I am always use to coding ASP pages on a Windows server. I use Windows components such as connection, recordset, cdonts, or cdo. They work fine w/ a Windows server.

Recently, I established a new hosting service and they are using Clillisoft ASP running on a Linux Red Hat Server. I tried uploading my ASP files with the Windows components and they didn't work. I believe that I must code the ASP pages to be compliant w/ Linux. I just don't know how. Can anyone please advise me where to go to get resources on converting ASP compliant w/ Windows to be compliant w/ Linux?

The error below is what I'm getting when I uploaded my ASP files to the Linux Server:
    Server object error 'ASP 0177 : 800401f3'

Server.CreateObject Failed

top.asp, line 3

Systemmessage, messageid = 0x800401f3

FYI tops.asp line 3 is this:
    <% set rsTOP = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") %>

The rest of the code that's compantible w/ a Windows server is this:
    <% dim cn, sql, rs, objMail %>
    <% set cn = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") %>
    <% set rs = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") %>
    <% Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDO.Message") %>
    <% cn.ConnectionString="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB. 4.0;Data Source=" & server.MapPath(".") & "\database.mdb;Persist Security Info=False" %>
    <% cn.Open %>

I just need to know how to code it properly so that it will be complaint w/ a Linux server. How can I convert Windows components to Linux components for database connectivity? Please help! Any ideas?
    Last edited by trangtran; 07-10-04 at 23:11. Reason: oops...forgot to put the error message