Unanswered: National Languages Support~

I am writing a C++ program in order to connect to the db2 db and I am getting crazy now about the multipule language support. I want to create a database which support tranitional chinese and portuguese. But if I set the codeset to utf-8 and the territory to tw, my data is unicode data. But when I input the data with command insert into table(col) values(N'unicode data'), it seems that the database manager automatically converse the data into utf-8 with code page 950(big-5) and there are problems with the portuguese character. I don't want to use the command insert into table(col) values(GX'1234') couse problems will occur when I read the data. What should I do? Thanks very much~

Hi,

Could you please specify db2 version and fixpack level and operating system version with fixpack level.

I have been testing utf-8 on win2000 db2v8 few months ago and I had problems with sorting of foreign (non-american) characters. I have reported the PMR, but I got answer from IBM: sort of foreign characters are not supported. So I think IBM has some problems with utf-8. I think there was a lot of problems on non-american code pages and now IBM has joined all this problems into utf-8 and now one big problem rised.

If you will not be able to solve the problem, I advise you to report PMR.

Grofaty
    Last edited by grofaty; 07-12-04 at 02:46.

I am using db2v8.1 without fix pack and win2000.
    It seems that the system default locale influenced much on the non-american languages and it's hard for me to do anything >_<. But I am a new user of db2 and I am not sure what is the best way to use utf-8 to store mixed foreign languages. Can you give me some suggestion please?
    And I've learned that unicode is fixed size utf-16, but the db2 online material told me that unicode can be utf-8, utf-16 and utf-32. I am really confuse about it. Can you tell me more about that? Thanks very much~
    Last edited by carmenlei; 07-12-04 at 03:57.

Hi,

Why don't you try to install some fixpacks for db2v8?

Hope this helps,
    Grofaty