Question Unanswered: Connecting to adabas with vb.net

Hi, i need to say how connect with vb.net (via odbc driver) to an adabas server, using a dsn-less connection...

Thanks in advance!

Question .Net connection?

Hi there,

Sorry I cant help, I'm actually questioning whether you have solved your problem??

CHEERS
    J

Yeah!
    I think that is impossible to use a dsn-less connection.
    I create programmatically the dsn and use for connection string :
    "dsn=[dsn name];uid=[user];pwd=[password]"
    I'm using vb.net, and with is odbc driver works good!

Red face Great!

I'm happy to see that , the reason I ask is that we are going to be migrating to a ADABAS/Natural environment from early next year. The move is from SQL and I'm curious to see what kind of support you have for ADABAS?

Are you familiar with SQL, as an administrator how would you rate ADABAS opposed to it?

CHEERS from
    Sunny SA

I always used MS-SQL...
    I don't say configure ADABAS and i only know how to connect to it and that it uses sql query...

Adabas

Support SQL 92 query code??,
    I'm sure that we may be posting comments again soon, seems rather quite this side of the forum!

Good luck with it!!

CHEERS

Is possible that it doesn't recognize the left join??????
    Or is only different the syntax?

select T1.famigliamater ,T1.numeromater,T1.descrizmater,T1.unitaMisuraInt, T1.pesoUnitMat, T2.acquisto,T2.versione,T2.annorifer from anagener T1 left join cosprevtesta T2 ON (T1.famigliamater = T2.famigliamater AND T1.numeromater = T2.numeromater)
    where annorifer = (select max(annorifer) from cosprevtesta T3 where annorifer < 8000 AND T3.famigliamater=T1.famigliamater AND T3.numeromater = T1.numeromater) or annorifer is null

It say me that there is an error...
    But if i use
    select T1.famigliamater ,T1.numeromater,T1.descrizmater,T1.unitaMisuraInt, T1.pesoUnitMat, T2.acquisto,T2.versione,T2.annorifer from anagener T1, cosprevtesta T2
    WHERE T2.famigliamater=T1.famigliamater AND T2.numeromater = T1.numeromater and annorifer = (select max(annorifer) from cosprevtesta T3 where annorifer < 8000 AND T3.famigliamater=T1.famigliamater AND T3.numeromater = T1.numeromater) or annorifer is null

It work great but is too slow!!!
    Help!