Unanswered: can anyone help to connect MYSQL to my 2nd site

Dear readers.

First hi to all. It's my first time to this forum. I just wonder if someone can helpif he or she knows how to connect MYSQL database to 2 websites.
    I have one with php/mysql and 2nd one only with php/cgi.
    I want to use the same database for them both but I couldn't , because it's
    not the localhost. Does anyone knows about it please? or is it impossible?
    I hope that I will hear from you guys soon .

Thanks and have a nice day.

You can connect to MySql from another site but you need the IP of the machine on which the database is installed. Instead of localhost you have to specify the ip for the server as the server name. I have doen it before and hope you will get this working
    Regards
    Rajesh

Yes, you can do it as rajesh says, but you also have to set up the mysql server db permissions to allow access from a foreign host for your loginname/password. If you do not have configuration access (make/change user accounts) then you probably won't be able to do it as your account was probably designated localhost only. I use phpMyAdmin for this kinda stuff and it works great.
    --ST

Thanks Guys.

hi there.

Thanks Mr Rajesh and Mr Steve for your information and your help. I really tried what did you said but it didn't work. The hosting company doesn't allow to a foreign host. Phpmyadmin can't set up the mysql server db permissions to allow access from a foreign host too. Anyway. thanks a lot guys.

I wish you good luck.

what about writing a PHP script on the site with access to MySQL to process data that is sent to it by the other site. After you are done affecting changes to the database then you can send the browser back to the other site.
    I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them.
    -Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)