Angry Unanswered: Host 'SERVER' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server...

Warning: mysql_connect(): Host 'SERVER' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in D:\WWW\test\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\WWW\test\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\WWW\test\phpBB2\db\mysql4.php on line 331
    phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

SERVER is the name of the pc where i try to install it to, which is the internet server. Im trying to install it from a pc in LAN, i tried to install it from that pc too and still i get same error. Im very new to these stuff, and if someone could help me on how to get this problem solved i would appreciate it much. I have Apache web server installed and mysql 4 and php 4.3.7 or something. I just wanna install PHPBB2 bulletin board for a host. THX

phpmyadmin?

have you installed phpmyadmin and just set it up for root permissions on the local machine, is this possible? it's EASY !! =]... and make sure to STOP the server and then START the server... i was playing around with permissions, and would only RESTART the server and couldn't figure out WHAT was wrong. then I stop and start and all is well... my permission settings were taken in.. probably caches permissions in memory or something. Anyways, post more detailed info.. Did you add the user and make sure to add the right host you connect from or use '%' for any host?