Unanswered: newest date query

I have a querry named "reminder labels" that get data from "Service tabel" & "Customer Tabel'what i need to do is Have the user select between dates and have the querry get the newest service date for for each customers, every customer has multiple dates. I have everything working except the part were the user select the starting and end dates

Here is my SQL So far

SELECT Customers.TankID, Customers.[First Name], Customers.[Last Name], Customers.Address, Customers.City, Customers.State, Customers.[Zip Code], Customers.[Filter?], S1.[Date of Service]FROM Customers INNER JOIN Service AS S1 ON Customers.TankID = S1.TankIDWHERE (((S1.[Date of Service]) In (SELECT Max([Date of Service]) FROM Service WHERE Service.TankId = S1.TankId)));

Let me make sure I understand:

The user will select a starting point and ending point from a range of dates (for example 1/1/04 and 2/1/04).

From there, you want the query to:

1) Dynamically read the user selected criteria for a starting and stopping point, incorporating this into the WHERE clause of the query

2) Display the most recent service date for each customer that has had at least one service date for the timeframe indicated by the user

Is this correct?

yes that what i want it to do

Provided Answers: 1
    Put your date parameters inside the subselect where you're pulling the date:

SELECT Customers.TankID, Customers.[First Name], Customers.[Last Name], Customers.Address, Customers.City, Customers.State, Customers.[Zip Code], Customers.[Filter?], S1.[Date of Service]FROM Customers INNER JOIN Service AS S1 ON Customers.TankID = S1.TankIDWHERE (((S1.[Date of Service]) In (SELECT Max([Date of Service]) FROM Service WHERE Service.TankId = S1.TankId AND [Date of Service] BETWEEN [start date parameter goes here] AND [end date parameter goes here])));

alternately you could use a DLookup in the main select statement itself and avoid pulling a whole dataset for a single value.

Provided your db isn't massive it's purely a matter of style.
    Last edited by Teddy; 07-13-04 at 10:18.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Smile

Thank thats what i wanted