Question Unanswered: mysql connection error ?

when i try to run mysql in dos mode, it gives an error : you don't have an access permission with username:ODBC@localhost and NOpassword ... normally the user should be the root, but i didnt understand this ... and when i try to install a script that using mysql-database, it gives : no database selected error ... i need your help ...

Quote Originally Posted by exoss
    when i try to run mysql in dos mode, it gives an error : you don't have an access permission with username:ODBC@localhost and NOpassword ... normally the user should be the root, but i didnt understand this ... and when i try to install a script that using mysql-database, it gives : no database selected error ... i need your help ...
    to make a connection as root try smth like this:
    mysql -u root -p
    -p - requires you to enter password. if no password is need just press enter.
    Other than that you should check how the servers is configured (my.ini for example).
    Hope I've been helpful somehow but I strongly recommend you reading some basic tutorials. Basic stuff is very important, don't rely on forums for this.

I'm still new to PHP/MySQL but I have found the web utility phpMyAdmin very helpful with both learning SQL commands and "just getting something going" fairly quickly when I did not have time to learn how to something in SQL. This utility will not help you w/your connection in this case, but it can help you see what the permissions are for your various MySQL users, databases, and tables.

It may be worth a look for you.
    --ST

thanks for your replies ...