Question Unanswered: sample data for Intro to Oracle-SQL?

Hey guys,

I'm taking "Introduction to Oracle 9i: SQL" with an Oracle partner using the Oracle University book. Unfortunately, the sample db used for every example in the book is an overhauled version of the Scott:Tiger db (regular Scott:Tiger has table "EMP," whereas this book has table "EMPLOYEE"). Does anyone know where I can find an electronic version of this data in any format?

The book provides all data/tables in Volume III - but it would take me hours and hours to input all that data. Surely Oracle has made this available?

Thanks!

Provided Answers: 1
    Is it just the title of the tables that's different, or the structure of the tables?
    90% of users' problems can be resolved by punching them - the other 10% by switching off their PCs.

Unfortunately it's the data as well.

Strangely enough, I managed to get my hands on pdf copies of Volume 1 & 2 of this book, but not vol 3 where the sample tables are printed (in which case I could decompile the pdf and copy the tables into Excel).

How odd that the book does not ship with the sample database it uses for every example in the book. It's a tiny data collection (< 20k), so I'm sure some teacher somewhere has entered it onto an electronic format for his/her class.

Thanks.

If I am not mistaken, the scripts for creating this data can be found with the Oracle 9i software. Just look for a script called hr_cre.sl or something like that. I took an Oracle clss a year ago and faced the same problem. or else just ask the teacher to give you the creation scripts and run them.

Found the scripts online at this link http://krypton.fhda.edu/~slawlor/HR_Schema.sql
    looks right, can't vouch for it tho

Wow, thanks Da. As sad as it sounds, you've made me class stud. For some reason my school did not include this with the curriculum so we were running the queries on the old Scott:Tiger data (which doesn't work because the salaries are too low).

And my school is supposed to have a great reputation!

Thanks again!

Wink

no probs....anytime.

Enjoy the class-stud status