Question Unanswered: Need help with form add record

Hello, I am new to Access and I would like to know the reasons why an add record button would be disabled? when I open the table, I can add a record, but when I open the form that is supposed to add a record to the tables, the add record button is disabled. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Check the properties of the form and see if the properties for Addition of records are set to yes or no

Still nothing

I checked the form properties and it says yes to aditions.

Better explanation

I have a database with tables, queries, forms, reports and macros that is working, the problem is that the data on the tables is outdated, now, I deleted this tables and imported new ones from a recent backup, everything works now except that I can not add records to the table from the form. Can anyone please help me?

Did you try Insert>add new record?

I tried insert > add new record and the button is deactivated in the form area, but if I open the table, it will work. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by faustodamian
    I tried insert > add new record and the button is deactivated in the form area, but if I open the table, it will work. Any suggestions?
    HI,

Try looking at your Forms TableSource, meaning check the exact table name it is getting it's data from. Also, maybe recreate a form for that table if it's not too labor intensive. There's something weird there between your tables getting to your forms, so take a look and see.

Bud

If you are still having problem post your app and someone will take a look at it.

I think my problem is with the relationships, what happened is that I have a corrupt database, which I fixed, now i want to add those tables to a backup I have, so I deleted the tables on the backup and imported the fixed tables, the problem with that is that I have to delete the relationships between the tables, is there a way to copy the relationships or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance

I don't think that you can export/import relationships. What I do normally is that I take screen shots before I drop tables because like you said dropping tables drops all the relationships/indexes etc.

Thank you for your help, what I ended up doing is copying and pasting the missing records on the tables. It works great now. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by faustodamian
    I think my problem is with the relationships, what happened is that I have a corrupt database, which I fixed, now i want to add those tables to a backup I have, so I deleted the tables on the backup and imported the fixed tables, the problem with that is that I have to delete the relationships between the tables, is there a way to copy the relationships or does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you in advance
    That's already done. When you import all the tables that had relationships set up before, once copied just go to the Relationships window and reconnect them again if not already connected. Your tables are there with your linking ForeignKeys...just drag and connect.

Bud