Unanswered: How to print report to a specific network printer in microsoft access?

Hi all,

Currently, i'm using Microsoft Access to do out some programming. In this database, i had created a few reports. Now, i need to create a function that enable user to print out the report to a specific network printer. I had tried explore on the web for solution, but i cant get any.

Hope someone can help me. I need this quite urgently.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint will open the Print Dialog enabling you to select your printer

Smile

Also, make sure that you have error handling to trap the error (number 2501) that will be generated if the user clicks Cancel, or just use On Error Resume Next statement

hi hammbakka,

i dont think that will be sufficient enough as this database is share among a number of users. That specific network printer may not install in some pc. So how can i write the code for checking the connection of the network printer? If there is no connection, i need to connect the pc to that printer before print out the report.

Then you have to use API. But I don't have examples for that....
    Good luck

if a pc is networked to a printer it will automatically print to that printer.........regardless of who is actually accessing the information (or what the information is)
    i know nothing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Selphie_1234

if a pc is networked to a printer it will automatically print to that printer.........regardless of who is actually accessing the information (or what the information is)
    I have to agree with Selphie. You asked how to make it print to a SpecificNetworkPrinter. If it is a networked printer and users are to access it, then the drivers have to be installed prior to that as well as possibly mapping that computer to that printer, then they will have the option to select whichever printer is on the network. Once you have that all set I think you can Code the program to select that printer always. But it's best to let it give them the option to choose.

Bud