Unanswered: move desktop Access app to another computer

I am developing a standalone (non-networked) desktop Access application for small club administration. With the amount of personnel turnover in the customer profile, it is important to be able to easily “move” the application from one machine to another.

It seems as though the question of a split database vs. a “single” db comes into play somewhere quickly. Seemingly a split database would accommodate this more. I’m sure there are other considerations all with different security aspects integral.

Can anyone offer some tips, readings, code examples, add-ins, etc. I should consider regarding being able to easily install an application on a different (new administrator's) machine and taking the current files from the previous administrator’s use?

Thanks,
    JQ

there is no need to split the db just to move it from one machine to another. just copy the .MDB or .MDE to the new machine.

splitting is useful if you want to continue developing the user interface in the "front-end" whilst real data accumulates in the "back-end". allows you to swap a user to the new front-end version without upsetting the data.

splitting also gives you a sort-of shared backend on a LAN if you are not in a hurry and you have a modest amount of data (and, some observers would add, security is not a major concern).

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

A flag to me is what if the different employees put the same data. But maybe each employee has there own clients. Hopefully he's not going to put them all together at night then redistributing. Seems that'd give headaches.

OK, but it's going to need more than a split to have multiple non-networked (1st post) clients. maybe there is a replication-via-floppy route of some sort, but that's not a game i've played.

izy
    currently using SS 2008R2

moving an app

Thanks for the replies, folks.

To be clear, with this application only one person would use/own the db at one time. It just changes hands, so to speak, when a new person is selected/appointed/volunteers to the position of administrator. "Administrator" here means the user of the program, whether that be the club secretary or another officer.

Simply copying the .mdb seems obvious and easy. But, this is a runtime application, I have to provide for installing the runtime version of Access. Also, I have to take in mind that I am using a couple of Add-Ins and Active-X components.

I plan on using Wise and SageKey (based on references I have rec'd regarding their expertise/products) for installing the application, so I'm sure they can be of assistance in these areas to some degree.

Appreciate all input. Thanks again,
    --JQ