Unanswered: sysperfinfo table empty

I'm running SQL 2000 (SP3) on top of Windows NT 4.0 (SP6).

I have a couple of processes that look at the sysperfinfo table every day to collect some performance/metric type information. It works for all my other servers (mostly SQL 2K/Win2K) except for this one.

Why is the table on this one server empty?

I do have one other SQL 2K/Win NT server. The sysperfinfo table on that one is fine.

the only other clue/difference is that the server which has the empty table is a named instance install of SQL 2K.

Any hints?

Have you hugged your backup today?

OK, I'm like, WOW...

Never looked at that scott

Are you sure it's running in master?

What's the code that does the "read"

I just did a SELECT against a named instance on 2k...

What do you do with the data?

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

Hi Brett,

I've tried logging in as myself (Windows authentication) and as sa. Both times, I come up with the same result.

The query is simply "select * from sysperfinfo".

I pull out select bits and pieces and log them to an "admin" database. Right now, I pull out data file size, log file size, and one other piece (can't remember off the top of my head).

In the past, I have used it to pull out connection memory utilization and some other data points. Mostly I use it to track storage and memory utilization and report it to mgmt on a weekly basis. I also use it to do pro-active storage and capacity analysis.

Just odd that this one instance is FUBAR'd. But then, I inherited this from someone else who...well...nevermind.

Is it Friday yet?

Have you hugged your backup today?