Thread: Combo - Seach

Red face Unanswered: Combo - Seach

Hello People!

How can I do a combo search in a form??
    All I need is to be able to select on the combo the record I will work on.
    Ex, I have a list of computers ( that come from another table) and I want to select, say computer 3, for then to change the history information on it ( other table).

Can anybody help me, please?
    Atha

Talking

Hi Atha,

You're seeking a way to make a selection on a ComboBox and have it to show all related data in another table? If so I will make you a sample.

let me know,
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi Atha,

You're seeking a way to make a selection on a ComboBox and have it to show all related data in another table? If so I will make you a sample.

let me know,
    Bud
    I am seeking for the same kind of thing. when i select a value in the combobox i want the text box to show a value out of the corresponding record. But i can't get it to work properly. I have added a sample as an attachment. In the form you can select a value in the combobox. The textbox should give the corresponding e-mail adress but it doesn't. Can anyone fix it. By the way, don't try to unzip the file just rename it as .mdb file
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Nobody dies a virgin because life screws us all!

Here is a small sample to see if that's what you are seeking. If so I will try to make a slower walk-through for you to go through the steps. Take a look at the sample attached.

checking back later,
    Bud

Red face

Yes BuD.
    Imagine I have Table A, where I store the names of the computers and their users. On Table 2 I have a history of all the problems each machine can have.
    On the form I want to add the history for a machine, but I want to select that machine from a combo.
    Previously I was passing parameters to the SQL but that does not allow the user to choose another machine unless he closes the form...

If you could send me the example, i would appreciate...

Thank you so much

Atha
    Atha

Talking

Hi Atha,

Check the small example I posted up top and see what that does. If it is what you want then we can work it out. Maybe post a copy of your database with real data removed if security is needed and supply dummy data, Zip and Post it here.

have a nice one,
    gone for the day but back on later tonight, might try to do it then

Bud

Red face

Bud...

;-( I did not work yet...
    I prepaired a file with only the combo part, could you please take a look?

I am sure I am missing something stupid, but I can't come up with the right answer...

Please, please, would you take a look at the attached file??
    Atha

does anybody have a clue???
    Atha

Unhappy

Hey People!

There is one thing I did not mention about the combo search... I want to use the combo for search only, that means no record can be inserted using this field...

Any idea?
    I posted a file with my problem I would appreciate if someone could look at it and give me an idea of what I am doing wrong...

Thank you very very much

Atha
    Atha

Smile

Hi again Atha,

Sorry for not getting this for you last night but got a bit busy. Here, check out the sample below and see if that is what you were needing. I am not certain what the ComboBoxes were for in the other table but seemed to pull no data at all. Were they just incomplete??? Anyhow let me know how this goes.

take care,
    Bud

Quote Originally Posted by Bud
    Hi again Atha,

Sorry for not getting this for you last night but got a bit busy. Here, check out the sample below and see if that is what you were needing. I am not certain what the ComboBoxes were for in the other table but seemed to pull no data at all. Were they just incomplete??? Anyhow let me know how this goes.

take care,
    Bud
    oops...the attachment didn't come through...here it is...

Smile

Bud!

Thank you very much!
    It worked!

Atha
    Atha

anytime Atha,

Glad it worked for you. Maybe the other user above who had a similar situation can download it and check it out as well.

have a nice one,
    Bud