Unanswered: VBA modules security

I have an Access 2000 database which I couldn't make into an MDE file because a form needs to be changed dynamically at runtime (Docmd.openform <formname>,acDesign).

I want to secure this database , but VBA modules can ONLY be protected by password and WON'T be protected by Workgroup Security (for Access 2000).

Password security can be easily broken by hackers.

The data does not need to be protected because the data has only temporary value.

So, what's the best way to secure my VBA modules ??

Thanks.

You might consider putting as much of your code as you can into DLL (Dynamic Link Library) format and CALL your routines as you need them. This can possibly sway some of the low level hackers.

Dll ?

How do I put them into DLL format ??
    As far as I know, DLL files are written with C/C++.
    Thanks in advance.

You could put your VBA code into an .mde file which you reference from your .mdb application.

Hope this helps,
    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers
    http://www.peterssoftware.com

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pdebaets
    You could put your VBA code into an .mde file which you reference from your .mdb application.

Hope this helps,
    That is right, you can put all your functions in a .mde file and refernce it. But the functions that needs tp be run on fly (I mean in the run time) such as Creating Form at the run time or adding objects to your form, or ..... ,
    you must put them in the main .mde File.

Quote Originally Posted by hammbakka
    That is right, you can put all your functions in a .mde file and refernce it. But the functions that needs tp be run on fly (I mean in the run time) such as Creating Form at the run time or adding objects to your form, or ..... ,
    you must put them in the main .mde File.
    Actually I think you can refer to CurrentDB() in the referenced .mde library in order to make changes to any objects in the .mdb.

Hope this helps,
    Peter De Baets
    Peter's Software - Microsoft Access Tools for Developers
    http://www.peterssoftware.com

Provided Answers: 1
    What I ment, he should use the Preferences to choose his .mde file, where he has his secure Functions

A little progy called Visual DLL by Simply Solutions is one piece of sofware that will make DLLs from Visual Basic. You can find them here:

http://simplysolutions.com/

Last edited by CyberLynx; 07-19-04 at 06:00.