Unanswered: Exceptions Listing

Hi
    I am new to MS Access Software.I need help in listing out the exceptions of two databases i.e.list out records that have been added in the 2nd database or records missing in 2nd database.The fields are common and the database have been linked to each other.
    Thanks
    Chari

<<
    I am new to MS Access Software.I need help in listing out the exceptions of two databases i.e.list out records that have been added in the 2nd database or records missing in 2nd database.The fields are common and the database have been linked to each other.
    >>

Link the 2 tables on the primary field(s) and join using LEFT JOIN and use Is Null on the right table's primary field(s) to see the records the reside in the left table but not in the right table.

Link the 2 tables on the primary field(s) and join using RIGHT JOIN and use Is Null on the left table's primary field(s) to see the records the reside in the right table but not in the left table.
    J. Paul Schmidt, Freelance Web and Database Developer
    www.Bullschmidt.com
    Access Database Sample, Web Database Sample, ASP Design Tips

hi
    Thanks for the help.will try that
    Chari

Bullschmidt,

You may need to tell CC how to get the 'foreign' tables to appear in the local table listing. Only then can they be used in the useful non-matching query wizard. Presumably the 'link' referred to is ODBC.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com