Angry Unanswered: db2move import is running out of heap space

i exported the contents of a database using the db2move. however i am getting this error when i try to import the exported data:

*** SQLCODE: -973 - SQLSTATE: 57011
    *** SQL0973N Not enough storage is available in the "APP_CTL_HEAP" heap to process the statement. SQLSTATE=57011

i have already maxed out the target db's pckcachesz and app_ctl_heap_sz variables to 64000. i have already restarted the whole computer to make sure that the changes did take effect.

im runing DB2 EE v7.2.5 on a Windows2K Professional machine if it helps. i find it rather ironic that DB2 cannot import what it has exported.

anybody know of any setting to tell DB2 to commit the records after a certain limit is set (commit after every 1000 records read by db2move import)?

There is a parm called "COMMITCOUNT n" parm on the IMPORT command. You can find the details in the Command Reference Manual. I recommend setting "n" to about 1000 -2000.

For best import performance, you should also increase your log buffer size (logbufsz) significantly. If you do increase the log buffer, you must increase the dbheap by the same amount.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390