Question Unanswered: Disable the Import of Tables and Queries from a MDE

Just as forms, reports, Macros and modules import is disabled when you try to import them from a MDE database, is it possible to disable the import of tables and queries from a access database (mde) to another database and how?

- Saqib

Provided Answers: 1

Lightbulb

I think you can not do that, but if you can hide the DB Window, you will reach your desire.

Also make sure that you cancel the <Shift> key feature too.

Thanx for your input guys but I know these both method won't stop someone from doing this as it is quit easy to open a blank database and import the tables and queires from you mde which is in closed state at that time and so hiding the database window or disabling the shif key have nothing to do with this.

In my point of view if rest of the items can be disabled for import why not the tables and queries? May be there is a addin or third party solution for this. Anyway thanks again.

Provided Answers: 1
    Then you can use a .mdw file and groups allowing only people to open your .mdb file

Also you can set a password to your .mdb file in this case the preson who want to copy from it will be asked for the password.