Good Morning Everyone

I have developed a database using Access 97, (split datsbase), and distribute the program with the run time using ODE97.

The converted mde file works fine on the developer machine and on some client machines, however on some client machines the first subform is missing on all forms (subform just appears as a white box) and all reports fail to work as well. (I have a screen dump of one of the forms if anyone needs to see it.) The error message when opening a form reads "The expression you entered refers to an object refes to an object that is closed or doen't exist"

I was advised by a guru friend to ensure that comctl32.ocx and comdlg32.ocx were both loaded and registered on the clients machines. One of the files was missing and by copying it and registering onto the clients machine the subform appeared and worked OK as did the reports. However on another machine after copying these files and registering them it failed to repair the problem.

I have Googled and Googled but I can not find an event with a similar problem. Any assistance will allow me to sleep better.

Yours in desperation, Shane