Thread: Foreground

Provided Answers: 1

Unanswered: Foreground

How can you bring an object in foreground when it coincides on another object per Acce$$ VB

Eh... could you describe that a bit differently, I don't think I understand.. ?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I have a textbox and I when I enter it, I put a list Box (coincide it exactly) on it to choose something from it and when you get out of this list box, it should be moved moved away and made hidden.
    I could coincide the ListBox on the TextBox but it comes underneeth. I tried with Setting the focus of the List box it functions.

Is there another way to do that..

If this is a permanent change then in design view simply select the control and select Format/Bring to Front from the menu bar.

If this is a instance by instance requirement then I know of no property that you can set. Messy but possible within VBA is to set Visible = false for every overlapping control. Your control will then be accessible even if it happens to be bottom of the pile.

This is a technique I use quite a lot for controls that hold sub forms. Each control occupies exactly the same area of the main form. By setting the visible property of each control I can display the appropriate sub form for the data on the main form or according to a choice the user makes.
    Last edited by Rod; 07-20-04 at 10:21.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    If this is a permanent change then in design view simply select the control and select Format/Bring to Front from the menu bar.

If this is a instance by instance requirement then I know of no property that you can set. Messy but possible within VBA is to set Visible = false for every overlapping control. Your control will then be accessible even if it happens to be bottom of the pile.
    That is a good idea, I'll try it. Thanks man....

Beat me to it...

I have a report where I simply toggle the visible property of the "forground" control based on a set of criteria... Will that work for you?

If i'm understanding correctly, could you not do the following

Private Sub Text1_GotFocus

List1.Visible=True
    List1.Setfocus

End Sub

&

Private Sub List1_AfterUpdate

Text1.Value=List1.Value 'If you require the value
    List1.Visible=False

End Sub
    "Computers make it easier to do a lot of things, but most of the things they make it easier to do don't need to be done."

Thank you all for your valuable suggestions here is what I did, perhaps you can modify it.

Thanks again
    Attached Files Attached Files