Unanswered: changing background color in list

I have a list that displays all the jobs that come in and the status of the jobs ie done, been worked on and so on.
    Is it possible to change the background color of the list based on the status. So if the job is done, I did like the row to be green and if its been worked on the entire row should be blue

thank you

Yes! Read up on FormatConditions. Failing that you could always ask me for the "how to do it."
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

could you post how to do it

thank you

Quote Originally Posted by fullymooned
    could you post how to do it

thank you
    Yes, but I'm a little too busy at the moment to work up an example. Give me a couple of days and I will post something. Nag me if I forget.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

Hi fullymooned,

I copied exactly what you are asking about from one of my databases I made. Check it out and see if you can figure out how it works. It's pretty easy.

have a nice one,
    Bud
    Attached Files Attached Files

Good grief! I continue to learn. I never realised that conditional formatting was available as part of the Access Design GUI. I've always done it programmatically. Thanks Bud. I think this should more than satisfy fullymooned's needs.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

i guess the problem was i was actually using a list rather than a subform, but m not gonna try and make it into a sub form so that way i can use conditional formatting .. bcos i know in a list u cant do that

I'll echo Rod's comment. I know Access pretty darn well, but this is a new one to me...

Thanks Bud!

I thought about that but whatever i did cond formatting is greyed out...
    Ryan
    My Blog

in the sample database that bud has provided
    can anyone tell me what the background color is .. wats the number value

i inserted a subform and tried to use conditional formatting
    but the formatting option in Format is not available

is there something rong i m doing ??

field coloring and Access97?

Is it possible to have colored fields (status dependent of course) in Access97?

Provided Answers: 1
    If you mean conditional format in Acce$$ 97, there is no such format....

Quote Originally Posted by fullymooned
    i guess the problem was i was actually using a list rather than a subform, but m not gonna try and make it into a sub form so that way i can use conditional formatting .. bcos i know in a list u cant do that
    Format Conditions are available on Text Boxes and Combo Boxes only, but are available in all form and report situations.

The properties that can be set via format conditions are BackColor, Enabled, FontBold, FontItalic, FontUnderline, and ForeColor

However it should be added that the format condition does not apply to the pull-down list part of the combo box but only to the display of the selected value in the box itself.

There is something at the back of my mind that I may have seen many years ago an article on how to format pull-down lists but as it is something I've never wanted to do I have not retained the reference. Has anyone else come across this?
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Rod
    Good grief! I continue to learn. I never realised that conditional formatting was available as part of the Access Design GUI. I've always done it programmatically. Thanks Bud. I think this should more than satisfy fullymooned's needs.
    Anytime Rod...glad to be of help. Whereas I don't know the proper way to find out the number equivalent of a color I do know of a way. In DesignView select a Control (text box or whatever ) and make it a color from the MenuBar above. Then, RightClick on that control, go to Properties, FormatTab and look down where it says "BackColor" and get the number that way. I'm certain there is a better way but I don't know of it.

have a nice one,
    Bud