Unanswered: Query using Text Searching problem

I've got a query-by-form in which I want to pull up all records containing a particular keyword the user types in. My SQL in the query reads

Like "*[Forms]![Query Form]![Text16]*"

Unfortunately this doesn't work and my query returns nothing. But when my query reads

Like [Forms]![Query Form]![Text16], it will return only the records that have the fied that matches the criteria exactly and not any records that have the keyword plus any other word that may be with the keyword. What is wrong with my coding? I'm going absolutely insane in the membrane!

If I'm understanding your problem correctly try this:

Like "*" & [Forms]![Query Form]![Text16] & "*"

Canupus

Quote Originally Posted by batman124617
    I've got a query-by-form in which I want to pull up all records containing a particular keyword the user types in. My SQL in the query reads

Like "*[Forms]![Query Form]![Text16]*"

Unfortunately this doesn't work and my query returns nothing. But when my query reads

Like [Forms]![Query Form]![Text16], it will return only the records that have the fied that matches the criteria exactly and not any records that have the keyword plus any other word that may be with the keyword. What is wrong with my coding? I'm going absolutely insane in the membrane!

Thanks it worked GREAT!!!

Thanks!

I apologize for writing so late. The first time I wrote and tried to send the response, it wouldn't go through. Then it slipped my mind until now. But thank you so much for the help! It worked perfectly and now I can run my searches more efficiently.