Unanswered: what is a transfertext export specification?

hallo,
    I'm trying to something I thougt it was easy: I have a query with email adresses and I want that (click) and the notepad opens with all the adresses one after the other delimited by a semicolon.
    I tried with the transfertext method but it will give me a column with the adresses in quotes. In according to the help files it seems that a possibility is given by a not better defined "export specification" or "schema.ini". I know there should be a wizard that creates it for you, but my access tells me that this wizard is not available because of a registry problem............ well, I don't want to get involved into the registry matter, so I ask if someone can give an example of the specification for the transfer export or other advice on how to solve this. Thanks in advance.

Provided Answers: 1

Since I use non English Acce$$ I'll try to remember the menues or translate them

* Open your Query or table to be exported
    * File \ Save Under-Export
    in external Table or DB

* For the file type choose .txt files or .csv in the last combo box
    * Click Export
    * It shows the TextExport Assistant
    * Click on the first Button most links I think called [more]
    here you can change your export specification such as the seperator, ....
    * Change what you want and choose Save Under...
    * Give a suitable name

In this manner you have created a Specification for your export.
    which could be used later in your Export statement

hammbakka, i could finally get the wizard working but with another query, the problem is: when I save the specifications where do they go? I mean is there a file somewhere with the spcecifications?
    thanks

No, this will be saved in the system tables (Hidden)

actually I think I know where the problem is: the query that I want to create an export specification for is a parameter query. The wizard doesn't even start for this query because it tells me "Too few parameters. expected 11". It a query based on another query that is based on unbound combos in a form... any solution to this?

Of course
    Make a CreateTable Query, which gathers all your data, through that parameter Query, in a table. Then Export the resulted Table instead of the Query

thanks a lot hammbakka i'll try this

By the way, this system Table containing the specified export is called MSysQueries

Question Having Problems with Export Specification

I have an export specification created and when I attempt to run the macro to use that specification I get a message that looks like it's trying to import instead.

Run-Time Error 3011. The Microsoft Jet database engine could not fin the object "Filename". Make sure the object exists and that you spell it's name and the path name correctly.

I have tried to manually export this file but, the export wizard does not appear (no "advanced" button), it just automatically exports. I reinstalled Access but that wasn't the solution. Any ideas?

Funny thing is...there are 4 other files in this DB with 4 different export specifications and they all worked just fine...it's just this one.

Thanks!
    "If you are good you will be assigned all the work. If you are really good you will get out of it."