Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2004

    Unanswered: MS access project internationalization problem


    I have a MS Access project ADP (with MSDE) working fine on my pc with windows XP and
    office XP (French versions of OS and Office).

    But when I change "Language for non-Unicode programs" settings for Czech in "Regional and language options" in the control panel, there comes an error when i try to click a button or open any forms.

    Error looks like :
    "The expression on click you entered as the event property setting produced the following
    error: A problem occured while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server or Active
    X Control
    *The expression may not result in the name of a macro the name of a user-defined function,or
    [Event Procedure]
    *There may have been an error evaluating the function ,even or macro."

    I must redistribute my application to Czech, Hungarian and Central european people, and I am very disapointed about this problem !

    - The application work fine with some Western european code pages in the "Language for non-Unicode programs" settings
    - Fields in MSDE tables are in unicode "nvarchar" format
    - Access forms have some VBA code events

    Can anyone help me?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Préverenges, Switzerland
    check the names of "things" that access auto-names: header/detail/footer/controls - refuse all auto-names, overwrite them with your own choice of name, and use only unaccented characters for your names.

    i spent hours debugging a switch from french to english: "Détail" <> "Detail", but try finding this sort of crap in 10,000 lines of code!

    currently using SS 2008R2

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2004

    Thumbs up MS access project internationalization problem

    GREAT !!!!

    IT WORKS !!!!

    Thanks you, thanks, ....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts