Unanswered: Change Windows Domain (8.1.6/W2K)

Hi, I'm a newbie to Oracle. My boss has asked me to start planning for a domain name change on our Oracle box. I'm just learning my way around backups, recovery and SGA and I have dug around a little bit in the init.ora file(s).

What tasks and/or changes do I need to perform (and preferably in what order) in order to make this change successful?

Many thanks in advance.

hmscott
    Have you hugged your backup today?

Bump. Can anyone help?

Regards,

hmscott

Quote Originally Posted by hmscott
    Hi, I'm a newbie to Oracle. My boss has asked me to start planning for a domain name change on our Oracle box. I'm just learning my way around backups, recovery and SGA and I have dug around a little bit in the init.ora file(s).

What tasks and/or changes do I need to perform (and preferably in what order) in order to make this change successful?

Many thanks in advance.

hmscott

As far as the database starting up, you shouldn't have any problem. A couple of things you will have to change is in the listener.ora and tnsnames.ora files. Also, if you are running the Oracle Agent, you should do a clean start of the agent; basically, shutdown the agent, delete the *.q and services.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/agent directory, the snmp_rw.ora file in the $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin directory, then restart the agent.

Hope this helps!

JoeB

Thanks!

hmscott