Thread: Using Buttons

Unanswered: Using Buttons

Is it possible to have a row of button's that when pressed can populate a text box on a form from a table. I need about 7 buttons.
    Example: the end result is the user chooses button 4 and a text box fills with data from a table. Thanks.

It is possible ... Almost anything is possible.
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Although it probably isn't the best method.. Check out the help file for "dlookup"

I thought about the dlookup up method but I just don't know how I could relate it to a option group. I guess my first post should have said, could someone help me design an option group that populates a text box by selecting differen data from a table. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by tjarvas
    I thought about the dlookup up method but I just don't know how I could relate it to a option group. I guess my first post should have said, could someone help me design an option group that populates a text box by selecting differen data from a table. Thanks.
    Select Case OptionGroup.Value
    Case 1
    TextBox1.Value=RetrieveDataBySomeMethod()
    Case 2
    Case N
    End Select

Couple of things:

-Don't know how you want to do it (ADO, DAO, DLookUp ...)
    -Don't know the type of data to retrieve
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

I am trying to retrieve text in the form of a paragrapgh from a table. Once the text box is populated, I am going to merge it with a word document. So when the user picks option group button 4, the 4th column in the tablw will be selected. Maybe we should try to use dlookup since I don't know what ADO, DAO are.