Question Unanswered: access sql problem

We recently upgraded to SQL2000 from SQL7 and I cannot run any update queries in access now. The queries go to read only tables to get data and update local tables. They used to work but now don't. I am using access 97.
    The problem seems to be that the SQL server is telling access that it's tables are not updatable and access is then telling me that it won't run the update query if any table in its list to talk to is not updatable. The error it gives is "must be an updatable query" It is an update query! I have warnings turned off in the code on the form. This used to run fine but now it won't -is there a way to make this work again without updating access to a newer version? Please!

Off the top of my head ... Did you relink your "new" tables????
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Although the following is for Access2000, I think it might be helpful.. Have you checked to ensure your tables all have primary keys?

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;304179

in reply to the questions yes I have relinked the tables and the table I am trying to update does have a primary key. Thanks for your suggestions though to try.

Provided Answers: 1
    How about permissions on the server?
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Lightbulb Thanks!

Thanks for the suggestions to try. It started me thinking from a new direction.
    the problem was in how the tables were relinked. I was not selecting a key field for the relinked table and that was what caused access to puke on it with a "this operation is not an updatable query" I went and relinked the tables and chose the key to use and then I was back in business. Yeah!

You might want to check permissions on the objects to ensure you have all the required write permissions as well