Unanswered: setting up table relationships

I'm looking for information or resources on setting up table relationships in MySQL? I'm familiar with setting up table relationships in Access, but new to MySQL. I apologize for the novice question here?

Thanks in advance.
    -Dman100-

My documentation file states that table type InnoDB is the only type that will allow foreign keys. Check: mysql/Docs/manual_toc.html/paragraph 14.4.5.

Also, have you checked out "phpmyadmin" as a user interface? If you have not, check it out. I know of a decent tutorial for that feature. PM me if you want that url.

Andy

Hi Andy,
    Thanks for replying my post. I'm completely new to MySQL. Will ASP work okay with MySQL? I always see PHP as the server side language for MySQL. I'm currently just testing out MySQL and want to build a very simple database with two tables, create a relationship between the two tables, make a connection and use ASP write some information to the tables. Easy in Access to do, but I'm struggling with MySQL.

Thanks,
    -Dman100-

I should defer to the experienced members. My knowledge of mysql is very limited. My knowledge of ASP is zip. Sorry. Andy

Quote Originally Posted by -Dman100-
    Will ASP work okay with MySQL?
    absolutely yes

mysql doesn't have an equivalent for microsoft access relationships, which are merely a convenience for generating the query syntax for joining tables (oh, and sometimes for enforcing relational integrity)

in mysql you have to write the joins yourself, and handle the integrity in your app
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

load data local infile error

mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE "C:/APACHE/HTDOCS/SURVEY/cfst.csv" INTO TABLE surv
    ey(surid,ruid,inputdate,formno,clientname,age,sex, consumer,relationship,relation
    name,collmethod,mostlike,leastlike,othertext,genq, qualq,effectq,accessq,location
    ,hours,parking,
    -> transportation,waitingarea,timewaiting,ADA,appoint ment,callsreturned,staf
    f,other);
    Query OK, 617 rows affected (0.44 sec)
    Records: 617 Deleted: 0 Skipped: 0 Warnings: 17893

The above successfully loaded all the files into my mysql db however, all fields inthe mysql db record "Null" except he first field, surid. What shoud I look for to made this worK. I was careful to make the the fields were in idenical order, that the field names were exactly the same, but still no go. Your help would be appreciated. Andy