Unanswered: can xp_sendmail be made into a stored procedure (was "Hi Guys")

I have another question guys I need to send reports to different departments using sql. would this be the xp_sendmail function in sql. Can this be made into a stored procedure? What I'm going to do is make some reports which will constantly be updated with a query. These reports need to be emailed to differnt departments every 2 weeks. Is there a trigger or stored procedure I can setup through sql to do this? Does that make any sense??

Provided Answers: 54
    Yes, xp_sendmail will email reports from stock queries (views or procedures) nicely.

You can schedule them to run using the SQL Agent, on just about any schedule that suits your fancy.

No, it didn't make any sense at all. What was it you wanted again ?!?!

-PatP

Lol

Thank you pat , I need to show you my script cause I'm getting error messages. This is my first time doing this so I was hoping for some adive. I will show you the script after I try one more thing.

Dang...that kinda petered out...and it had some promise...in a "I'll show you my script if you show me yours" kinda way...
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

desireemm, if you do not start to use more descriptive thread subjects, you may find your threads summarily deleted
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

sorry gang

I did some reading on Xp_sendmail now I'll try to apply what I've read and see how it goes thanks

sorry Des...

Quote Originally Posted by r937
    desireemm, if you do not start to use more descriptive thread subjects, you may find your threads summarily deleted
    Hey Rudy...sorry about that...didn't mean to get our lil' Des in trouble...this thread was an OLD one...just dredged it up 'cause I found it while doing some related searching...

I guess that's what happens when you try to make something good into something "dirty" (not that it will slow me down from that task/goal in any way, mind you... )
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

oh my goodness, i totally missed that, i thought is was a new thread

my apologies, desireemm

nobody expects you to go back and rename old threads

sorry
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Talking Thats ok

No problem at all I knew what you meant. Thank you for your help guys I appreciate it