Unanswered: Help – Crystal Viewer getting parameters from URL cannot perform CR toolbar functions

Hi there,

I am having aproblem to used CR Viewer in JSP files. The Report name and parameters ware passed to the Viewer from a URL that invoke the JSP.

System: Crystal Report (Dev. Edition) 10 JRC on Tomcat 4.1.27 + Windows2000 IE 6

Symptom: The parameters on a URL (in IE address field) were lost after performing crystal report toolbar functions such as refreshing/zooming/exporting, causing the following error message on the JSP page: org.apache.jasper.JasperException

For example, I used the following URL to view a crystal report: http://localhost:8080/viewReport.jsp..._ID&Value_1=12

The report was opened without any problem. However, if I click a crystal report viewer’s toolbar button, say, refresh page, the URL in the IE’s address field will become http://localhost:8080/viewReport.jsp, which truncates the report file name and parameters. Of cause it causes an exception, since the crystal report requires the report file name and parameter set.

I believe there must be a way around to make the CR viewer work in my situation. Could anyone here tell me how to do it?

Thank you,

One possible solution would be to separate out your parameter gathering step from the report display step as follows:

Make a parameter-collect jsp page (using url rewriting or whatever) and store the collected info in a bean. After storage of the bean (using request.setAttribute("reportbean", reportBean) redirect (response.sendRedirect("display.jsp") to the display page.

Make a display page that retrieves the bean (request.getAttribute("reportbean") and uses the parametes in the bean to launch the viewer.
    Last edited by topekk; 07-26-04 at 09:12.

Smile Thank you for your solution. I used session to store my data. It works.

Thank you for your idea.