Unanswered: How to generate a report based for a single month/ monthly

Hi there

I have a report that I want to be able to generate for a month, I have tried setting a parameter on the date field but I can only type in e.g. 16/06/04 in the parameter box which would give me reports for the 16th of the month only, I tried 1/06/04-30/06/04 to get the whole of June but it does not like the syntax.

I also noticed that if a particular date had no report for that day it returned #error on the report. Is this right and if so is there a way to customized it to just be blank instead of the error message, which might be confusing to users. Any suggestions pls.

Can anyone pls. help me on how to get the report for an entire month?

Many Thanks for ur help in advance.

Provided Answers: 1
    Try between #01-06-04# AND #30-06-04#

Create parameters in your query. In the date field (if there is only one date field) enter this in the query:

Between[BeginningDate] And [EndingDate]

Also a Form created to search for you would be nice also. If I had time would do a sample for you, but keep checking if the above doesn't work well for you, but it should. What it will do is pop up a Dialog window with the words: BeginningDate and after you enter and click OK another pops up with EndingDate. When you click OK again it fetches the data. Note: whatever you place in the brackets will be asked of the user.
    So place the above in the Criteria field in the query.

have a nice one,
    Bud

Exclamation

Make a query that contains all the fields you use

add this single condition

Month([date field]) = Month(now())
    AND
    Year([date field]) = Month(now())

Now set the datasource for your report to the new query rather than the table or whatever it was bound to before, you now have this months report to date.
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

I know the SQL version is
    "Where Month([date field]) = Month(now()) AND Year([date field]) = Month(now())"
    if you are happy to edit the SQL directly (dropdown by the design/run button).
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

Hi guys

Many Thanks for ur replies.