Unanswered: Organization Charts

I now need to make an organization chart, is this possible to do, like in a report? Be nice if I can get it to do dynamically...Probably just a tad too much. If neither is a go, can i have an hand getting it to launch a word doc? Thanks.
    Ryan
    My Blog

Provided Answers: 1
    Can't say that I've tried a dynamic hierarchy in access...

For a static version, just use it like paint. Draw your boxes and lines, have a good time..

*shrug*
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Well theres an org chart builder thingy in Word...
    Ryan
    My Blog

Ryan,

MSComctlLib.TreeCtrl.2 Refer also to my reply to one of your other posts about teams. This control displays an Explorer-like tree with expandable/collapsable branches; it does not display the more conventional top-down schematic.

If this format is acceptable then the control comes with a full set of properties and methods, including allowance to store a foreign key. The display is context-sensitive clickable allowing flexible event processing.

The control properties give you the minimum data that you need to store between sessions; you have to populate the object each time you load it.

You are in for a lot of coding to provide all the user functions that you need.

I don't know about printing; I've never tried to produce a hard copy of the tree-structure.

If all this sounds too much then you mayfind an organization chart control/object for sale from an independent supplier.
    Rod

fe_rod@hotmail.com

Yea, it does, but I didnt check my other post yet
    Ryan
    My Blog