Wink Unanswered: How 2 disguise "screen junk" while macro runs

Hi,

I have a particular macro running several queries; this consists of opening and closing many queries. While this is running, the screen has many flashes and junk like that. It looks pretty sloppy. I am wondering if there is a way to disguise the screen while the macro runs. I think I have tried all my resources within the MS Access application. Will I need to insert some sort of VBA code? If so, where would I insert this? I do not know much about VBA coding. Please help if possible

Thanks,

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tchoat77
    Hi,

I have a particular macro running several queries; this consists of opening and closing many queries. While this is running, the screen has many flashes and junk like that. It looks pretty sloppy. I am wondering if there is a way to disguise the screen while the macro runs. I think I have tried all my resources within the MS Access application. Will I need to insert some sort of VBA code? If so, where would I insert this? I do not know much about VBA coding. Please help if possible

Thanks,

Tom
    Have you made the first line of your macro Echo No. If you have some RunMacro actions you put Echo No in those other macros as well.

Mike

Wink

I am still relatively new to access, please pardon my explanation - - -

I did not have that in my macro. I did place it, and it is still giving me the same situation. Here's my situation:

I am on a form... One of the functions of the form is to import an excel spreadsheet then recalculate data.. This function is ran by a command button which triggers the macro. Within the macro.. I delete some existing tables, then import the xsheet, then basically it's just generating some action queries and opening/closing queries - for recalculation.

Thank you for your help... and in advance if you have further advise....

Tom

Just trying to reduce the "screen junk" with the opening /closing queries.. so that when the macro is complete, my form is shows as if nothing happened.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tchoat77
    Just trying to reduce the "screen junk" with the opening /closing queries.. so that when the macro is complete, my form is shows as if nothing happened.

Thanks
    Echo No should stop you seeing anything. You might need to place it in a couple of places in the macro. Perhaps the importing of the spreadsheet is cancelling Echo No out.

You might also have your macro first open a form that has zero width and height and no borders. The next macro action would be SetValue and use it to place the ID of the record that is displaying on your main form when you run your macro into a field on the secondary form. Then your macro closes the main form. At the end of the macro you put in the actions to reopen the main form and then find the record that macthes the ID in the secondar form and then close the secondary form.

I have a couple of things like that where I had to fiddle about a little bit. Often Echo No needs to be there more than once.

Mike