Unanswered: Invisible commands

Hi
    I'm haveing a very bad brain fade day.

Got a form that has a number of fields on it. When one particular field ( a combo) is populated I want a command button to appear. So on the combo's event AfterUpdate I've put some code to make the command button visible, this works fine except its also visible in all the other records even when they don't have this combo populated

John

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Sticker
    Got a form that has a number of fields on it. When one particular field ( a combo) is populated I want a command button to appear. So on the combo's event AfterUpdate I've put some code to make the command button visible, this works fine except its also visible in all the other records even when they don't have this combo populated

John
    What event populates the combo? That might be one way to do it, hook the event to unhide the command button.

I take it that you are useing cmdMyButton.visible = false as part of the form on load AND form on change events?
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

Hmmm ... So your "zero" condition is the button is not visible and the combobox is not populated. You populate the combobox and unhide the button. What do you mean by "populate"? Select from the combobox? Load data into the combobox? Matt has the right idea ... All you need to do is hide/unhide the button but we need to know WHEN ...
    Back to Access ... ADO is not the way to go for speed ...

Thanks Guys for teh replies
    When I say "populate" I mean when the user selects an item from the drop down list.
    So the button is visible when a selection is made and also on other records when a selection has been previously made, but it should not be visible on any records where a selection from thsi combo box has not been made. The form in question is singular records at a time

Regards
    John

What kind of form is this? And where is this button located at?

Provided Answers: 1
    Ah, here's the thing, when you set properties for a control on the form, you're setting the properties for the CONTROL, not the record. So, if you wish to re-evaluatethe control each time you move to another record, you will have to do so manually in the OnCurrent event (or something similar) of the form.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy
    Ah, here's the thing, when you set properties for a control on the form, you're setting the properties for the CONTROL, not the record. So, if you wish to re-evaluatethe control each time you move to another record, you will have to do so manually in the OnCurrent event (or something similar) of the form.
    Or even the Form_AfterUpdate event ... Which fires upon the moving from 1 record to another ...