Unanswered: Help me friends,I am stuck with visual basic and oracle....

Please help me Guys ;
    I am using visual basic and oracle. I have a table in oracle which has two columns named "user_name" and "password". In visual basic I have a form which has two text boxes -- one for username and another for the password.

I want that a user enters username and password in the respective text fields and the program should check whether or not that username and password exist in the table. If yes then it should proceed.

For this I have made a recordset rs1 for user name and opened it like :
    rs1.open "select user_name from user_login where user_name = " &text1.text , cn, adopenstatic, adlockoptimistic

But on running this gives an error that the column does'nt exist. But the column exist in reallity. I don't know what to do.

Please friends help me, Please.

I think you forgot to open and close the single quotes around text1.text (It is hard to see but there is a single-quote and double-quote beside each other)

Code:
    rs1.open "select user_name from user_login where user_name = '" &text1.text & "'", cn, adopenstatic, adlockoptimistic
    Does this solve the problem?
    http://www.scirocco.ca/images/banner...occobanner.gif

Download for FREE the ADO/DAO Data Controls that makes life EASIER developing database applications in: VB, FoxPro, Access, VC++, .NET etc... Navigate, Add New, Delete, Update, Search, Undo and Save your changes. Supports Disconnected Recordsets and Transactions!

Or try our Ask An Expert service to answer any of your questions!

Thanks scirocco you solved my problem; man you have been a great help to me. I am very greatful to you.