I am having a problem to view a report using CrystalReportViewer.

My system is Crystal Report 10 (dev edition) + Apache Tomcat 4.1.27 + J2EE 1.4 + Windows 2000/Sp4 + All latest hot fixes (July 16, 2004 – July 20, 2004). I am using JSP files to embed the CrystalReportViewer object. One crystal report was created and it requires two DATE parameters, one is from_date and another is to_date. The reprt file can be opened with Crystal Reports 10 without any trouble.

When I tried to use the CrystalReportViewer to view the report, a standard parameter requirement form appeared. It is normal. I clicked a calendar button to enter value of the from_date, it is, say, Date(1990,7,1). I did the same thing for to_date; it is Date(2004,7,23). So far so good, it sounds good, isn’t it? However, after I clicked OK button on the form, the CrystalReportViewer gave an exception:

com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalRepo rtViewer

I tried to set both from_date and to_date to NULL, or set either from_date or to_date to NULL, the CrystalReportViewer did’nt complain and displayed a blank page.

I tried the report requiring ONE date parameter, the CrystalReportViewer works fine,

It seems the CrystalReportViewer cannot work with two date parameters. Is it true? Could anyone here to tell me what’s wrong with the CrystalReportViewer? Or what I should do to resolve the problem?

Thank you,