Unanswered: A txtfield automatically fill with value from another txtfield?

Hi Guys,

How do I have a textfield automatically fill in with a value after I enter a value in another text field?

I can do this with a combobox automatically filling a text field with a value, but not txtfield to txtfield. The other complication is that the value being "entered" is an autonumber. You may ask why I need to do this, but it's a long story and has a lot to do with my boss changing the paper filing system to match the database - ahhhhhhh!!!

So far I have this...any ideas?

Rusty

Code:
    Private Sub PersonID_AfterUpdate()
    Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.PersonID.????
    End Sub

Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.PersonID.????
    End Sub

So which field is the autonumber? Are these fields coming from the same table or different ones? Your code should work as far as I can tell, although you don't really need the .Value at the end AFAIK.

The field "PersonID" is the autonumber and "txtPersonName" is the slave field that needs to be filled.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty's Way
    How do I have a textfield automatically fill in with a value after I enter a value in another text field?

I can do this with a combobox automatically filling a text field with a value, but not txtfield to txtfield. The other complication is that the value being "entered" is an autonumber. You may ask why I need to do this, but it's a long story and has a lot to do with my boss changing the paper filing system to match the database - ahhhhhhh!!!
    txtPersonName.Value = PersonID.value
    End Sub

if that doesn't work (and I am unsure if it will) try the on_lost_focus event
    Matt the Hat says: "what!?"
    A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!
    SCARY HARD CHALLENGE: http://www.dbforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=988682

So PersonID is a field on the form and not referencing a field in the table, right? I may be a little confused as to why you are wanting essentially a duplicate value in the table.