Unanswered: Report length needs to exceed 55.873cm

I have to make a report equal to 3 - A4 pages . At the moment I can force it to 2 and 1/2 pages anyone any ideas how to get the report bigger??

many thanks

gareth

Increase the size of each section? Make the font bigger? Put a bigger header and footer on each page?

Without knowing more about the report (and why it has to fill 3 pages), there's not much I can say.

If you want to know how you can make a report fill 3 pages (I'm assuming exactly) when there's a variable amount of records, though, I'm not sure that it's possible to do automatically.

As best I know the report only fills as much space as the data it holds requires. Is all of your data NOT showing in the 2-1/2 pages you presently are getting? What will be in the remaining 1/2 page that you wish to use? Your situation is not clearly understood. Help us out with a bit more detail as to what you have, what you wish to accomplish and why. Yes, the why sometimes helps others in understanding your needs. The more we know, the better we can possibly help you. After that, might need to Zip and Post your DB and reports.

Bud

OK Ill try and make this one simple..

1. the end report is a replica of an official Gov agency document. "They" have refused to allow the end-user to remove any unused sections therefore the form must be exact. The Report is created to remove the enduser having to hand write 700 documents a week ( the data, as silly as it may seem is on computer - the enduser has to re-write this for the purpose of making yhard copies for the Government ) see told you it was silly.

2. The end user has 74 fields that are a mix of Tick boxes and text boxes. These will contain very confidential information about end user clients.

3. To meet the requirements I created a query that pulls up the raw data and places it in a report (the repliction). I then had to set about groupiing the Tick boxes relevant to questions asked on the original form so that a person in a Government office can re-type in to their system (dear me its getting real silly)

So bottom line is the original document and the reporrt must be as close to identical as is possible. (my job) I have achieved everything so far except for the last few centemitres.

so on screen 0 to 18.75cm is the first page of the document
    19.00cm to 42.50 cm is page 2 of the document
    42.50cm to 55.50cm is only half of the 3rd page of the document
    I need the DETAIL section of the report to hit 80.00cm to allow for the reconfiguration of the reports layout.

I appreciate its difficult to get a focus on what im trying to do here but plain and simple the report needs to by 80cm in length to allow for the fields to be laid out to replicate the original form

hope ive made it clear (god know I try)

gareth

I think you are going to have to split the report into more than one report. There is no way that I know of to make the 'workarea' in design mode any bigger. I would suggest three sub reports. One for each page of the document. Have the query feed the three subreports. To help printing, I would put the three 'pages' into a fourth report and add the three subreports to it with page breaks between (unless they fill the whole page). Make sure you allow the subreports to grow. Then when you open the report it should be a matter of opening one report and getting all three pages.

Access limits the detail section to 22 inches (55.88 cm)

The easiest way to accomplish your 3 page replica would be to create each page as a seperate report.

Back on your form, under the print button, use some code to loop through the data, calling each report in turn 1 record at a time so that your prints come out in the correct order.

Good luck!
    have fun!

Todd S.
    click to email

Independent Development Consultant
    Biz db & reports - SQL, Access, Crystal, Seradex and more
    Small, custom, unique programs - Office, VBA, .NET

Sadly, there was no error number to look up ...

AAARRR Thanks guys - I thought that subbing would be the final resort.. Suppose I was just hoping that someone may have "cracked the code" as is sometimes the case in here with our wealth of Access knowledge..

Again - Many thanks for your input - always valuable

regards

gareth