Thread: Maximise

Question Unanswered: Maximise

Is there a way to make a database open in a maximised state?

I currently have the "docmd.maximise" command running on the On Load event which makes the form maximise. But if I switch to another form and then back again, it is "restored".

It also makes the screen flick every time it maximises which annoys my users. Is there a way to make it start off as maximised and stay that way permanently?

Thanks in advance.

Instead of putting maximise on "on load" put it in "on activate" and see if it is acceptable for you...

- Saqib

That works somewhat better, but I still get the annoying flicking of the maximisation of the form.

Is there no way to actually open maximised and stay maximised for everything?????

Surely there has to be a way!!!!!!

In mine I simply put in the OnOpen event the DoCmd.Maximize and it works. See if your forms are set as Modal or Popup. If in DesignView you have your forms the size you want them and Save them that way, then they should stay set. Set the resize to NO. Otherwise if your database is in Access 2000, Zip and Post here and I will take a look at it and see if I can fix it for you. But it sounds as though it should work properly as is.

Bud

Nope... no luck there. The onActivate event works better since it keeps everything maximised. However, I continually get that flickering of the screen every time it maximises. Ugh.

The forms are not set to modal or popup.
    The resize is set to no.

You'd think that MS Access would allow this kind of thing? DAMN YOU BILL GATES!!!

*adjusts shirt* OK. well, I still think there has to be some way of doing this...

I don't think this should be a problem as you do some time needs to maximize, restore or minimize the windows and it should be a default behavior unless there is a very special case...

If you're having problems like you've a main form window (already maximized) and from some control you've to open some other message boxes or other dialogue box type windows/forms and then you've to go back to main window then you should make these dialogue boxes as popup or model type and there border type as dialog boxes so they don't change their size when they popup infront of your main form and then they won't effect the size of your main form and your main form will remain maximized once opened and then you won't have that flicking as well...

- Saqib

Well then in that case I am puzzled too. The way I have mine set up there is no flickering and the forms all stay the size as which I created them. I will check around and see what I can find out. Any way you can make a blank copy of your database and post it? Or just the parts that involve the forms anyway.

Bud