Unanswered: Convert SQL Server script to Oracle

I need to convert SQL Server script and stored procedures (Microsoft IBuySpy Portal) to Oracle. Does anybody know turtoials, web links or good tools to convert SQL script to oracle?

Thank you in advance for help.

Talking

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

Thank you for link. I have download it and will play with it.
    A quick question: is there any tool which take a SQL server script as input file, for example, a SQL Server createDB.sql script, and convert this script to Oracle ddl so I can run it in SQL*Plus worksheet to create database, tables, stored procedures.

Cool

I'm not familiar with SQL Server scipting, but I am sure it can be customized for Oracle. Check these other sites:

http://www.swissql.com/sql-server-to-oracle.html
    http://www.devx.com/dbzone/Article/20715

The person who says it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it. -- Chinese proverb

What is best practice to convert SQL Server Identity column to Oracle? There is a workaround based on code generated by Oracle's Migration WorkBench which created sequence number and created before-ibsert trigger.
    It works but little compliated, is this possible to just create one sequence number and get next avaible sequence number for all tables instead of create one sequence number for each table?

Any suggestions or idea?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by latticesoft
    It works but little compliated, is this possible to just create one sequence number and get next avaible sequence number for all tables instead of create one sequence number for each table?
    If you create only ONE sequence, and you use it for all tables, how would you know when to increment it? Or, you could use it if you don't mind the tables containing gaps in the sequence.

Anyway, you would still need a trigger for each table.

PS: Best practice = One sequence/trigger per table.

Quote Originally Posted by latticesoft
    A quick question: is there any tool which take a SQL server script as input file, for example, a SQL Server createDB.sql script, and convert this script to Oracle ddl so I can run it in SQL*Plus worksheet to create database, tables, stored procedures.
    The easy way to do that is to run the createDB.sql script into SQL Server, and migrate it to Oracle. I think I read about a tool in metalink.
    Regards,

Manf

One thing when converting from sqlserver/sybase to oracle is to check out how Oracle does its locking as it is very different to sqlserver/sybase. In Oracle readers dont block writers and writers dont block readers. So watch out for sqlserver specific locking code which may seriously slow down Oracle.

Alan