Unanswered: What Options do we have?

Good day,

I have a small issue with regards to MS Access. A certain department(20 PC's) here at work just has the MS Office Standard Edition installed(No MS Access). I want them to be able to use MS Access. I am wondering what would be the least expensive way to achieve this. Just purchase the 20 licenses for Access? Purchase a upgrade? Any type of info would be great.

Thanks

Purchase 1 liscense of the Professional Edition and the Developer Tool Kit.

One of the options is to create a "Runtime" application, complete with an "Install" for each of the other computers on your network.

Runtime requires you to have a complete "Application" shell setup with forms and buttons, but is free to distribute, so it saves the considerable cost of 19 additional liscences.

Another nice benefit of Runtime is that users can not directly access the data, objects or code from a PC with only Runtime installed - they have to use the interface you provide.

Have fun!
    have fun!

Todd S.
    click to email

Independent Development Consultant
    Biz db & reports - SQL, Access, Crystal, Seradex and more
    Small, custom, unique programs - Office, VBA, .NET

Sadly, there was no error number to look up ...

Thanks for the reply,

Do you know the approx. cost of a Developer Edition license?

Thanks

off the top of my head, I think the Access 2003 stand alone is about $200 and the Developer's Tools are about $400 (you'll need to verify). Look it up at cnet or similar.

http://inktomi-cnet.com.com/Microsof...+2003&tag=feed

Also, you don't necessarily need the newest version. Personally, I'd look into Access 2000 - it's been around long enough now that a majority of the bugs have probably been fixed - at least there is enough experience in forums such as this one to help you if you run into any snags.

When it comes to Microsoft software, newest is NOT best.

Good luck!