Question Unanswered: Reconnecting Access 2000 Front End to New Instance of SQLServer 2000

I recently had to reinstall a new instance of SQLServer 2000, but was unable to use the previous server name. As a result, my Access2000 front end is not happy with it's linked tables. I can't seem to find anyplace within Access to universally change the address of the SQLServer used as the back-end for all linked tables.

When I do try to access the linked tables through Access, I get an error, and the option to change the server location. When I try to type-in the new SQLServer location, there is an attempt to reconnect to SQLServer, but a whole lot of errors are generated, and none of the data is transferred into the Access table.

I really don't want to have to re-do my Access front end, so it seems it would be easiest to somehow reinstall SQLServer to have the same server location it used to. Is there a good way to completely erase all traces of SQLServer so that I can have better luck reinstalling it to the same location it used to be in? Just using the uninstall program from SQLServer doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Thanks!

Howdy

Drop the linked tables in Access & reconnect to the new instance of SQL Server. If the instance is not the default instance, you should be able to connect to <servername>\<instancename> and if that doesnt work, try <servername>:<IP_port_number_of_new_instance>

cheers,