Question Unanswered: Server configuration denies access to data source

Hi Everybody,

This is Naveen. i installed my mysql database dump on linux server(our client server). It is working. but when i run application on that server, it showing Exception

DBManager.java:107 -
    Server configuration denies access to data source
    java.sql.SQLException: Server configuration denies access to data source
    at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.doHandshake(MysqlIO.java:52 2)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.createNewIO(Connection.j ava:1734)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.<init>(Connection.java:5 62)

Please help me
    naveen

Could you please elaborate? What exactly is your application using to connect to MySQL. I suppose you are using a Java written client. Are you running the client program locally or remotely?

George Papadopoulos

Thumbs up how to resolve: java.sqlexception server configuration denies access to datasource

The "java.sql.sqlexception server configuration denies access to datasource" is not
    actually a bug.
    The exception was thrown because the application is trying to connect to a remote
    database, while using a username/password that is not configured on the remote database
    to accept such connections.

To resolve this, create a user on the mysql database using PHPMYADMIN. While creating the
    user, please ensure that you do not select "localhost" as the Host specified for that user
    account. Rather, you may select "Any Host" (without specifying any host in particular) or
    you select "Use Text Field" and then specify the ip address of the machine housing the
    mysql db.

This will definitely solve the problem.

Feel free to contact me for any further assistance

Ebuka (from Nigeria)
    ebuka.ezewuzie@gmail.com