Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unanswered: Integrity checks job failed

Hello, I had a DB Maintenance plan, the schedule is every day, but today I found teh 'Integrity checks job is failed". What is that mean? How to check this. Thanks.

You need to run DBCC CHECKDB and see if one of your databases fail the check. Maintenance plans are useful, unless you want to troubleshoot of course.
    MeanOldDBA
    derrickleggett@hotmail.com
    When life gives you a lemon, fire the DBA.

I found one database failed, I found one user didn't exit the database last night, is that will affect the database backup and integrity check? Another thing, what is integrity check means? How to trouble shoot? Thank you very much! I am a new in sql server.
    Last edited by yyu; 07-29-04 at 10:14.

Oh my....you have a lot to learn. What was the error on the database that failed?
    MeanOldDBA

I know i need to learn, can you tell me which book is good for me to learn? I need to learn quickly, I found the error for the job history, that :

Executed as user: DOM\ServerAdmin. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). The step failed.
    Is that help you to figure out?

Provided Answers: 11
    http://www.dbforums.com/t812439.html

Gotta love microsoft. Looks like you have a classic generic error message. Could mean "disk is full", or "login failed" or almost anything. Kind of like the engine light in your car. I would start with running
    Code:
    DBCC Checkdb with no_infomsgs
    on all of your databases to see if any of them have suddenly become corrupt. It is unlikely, but it is something you want to know about immediately. The user in the database could be the cause, but I can not say that for certain. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MCrowley
    http://www.dbforums.com/t812439.html

Gotta love microsoft. Looks like you have a classic generic error message. Could mean "disk is full", or "login failed" or almost anything. Kind of like the engine light in your car. I would start with running
    Code:
    DBCC Checkdb with no_infomsgs
    on all of your databases to see if any of them have suddenly become corrupt. It is unlikely, but it is something you want to know about immediately. The user in the database could be the cause, but I can not say that for certain. Good luck.

Hey, Listen...I'm alway one to give M$ a shot...

They all do it....

You can NEVER believe an Error Message

You always have to look outside the box...

DAMN, did I just say that?
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

I didn't mean the error that the stupid maintenance plan gave you:

Executed as user: DOM\ServerAdmin. sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] (Error 22029). The step failed.

This is AS USUAL for MS Maintenance Plans absolutely useless. Run the DBCC CHECKDB for the database that failed. Don't do it with a maintenance plan. Run it in good old Query Analyzer. Let us know what the error is you get from that, which will hopefully, and usually is, be more informative then gee, you seem to have a problem.

That's like one of our developers who came up to me today and said "Derrick, there's a problem with one of my programs." and then just stood there. "Yeah....SO.....GO AWAY!!!!!"
    MeanOldDBA

Listen...you CRACK ME UP...

ok, Now you want storeis?

Had an Ireland near shore ask me if it was a good idea to do a join or a 12 level nested cursor....

PLEASE!

I'll trade with you in a heart beat.....
    Brett
    8-)

It's a Great Day for America everybody!

dbforums Yak CorralRadio 'Rita
    dbForums Member List
    I'm Good Once as I ever was

The physical order of data in a database has no meaning.

12 level??? WOW. You should have told him it was a great idea. It probably would have been a good contract after he got fired. Hey.....FREEEEEE Trip.
    MeanOldDBA

Provided Answers: 11
    Can you nest 12 cursors? And more importantly, can you run anything else on the box when it kicks off?

Hi, guys, i was away yesterday, i check today, everything is fine, No any problem, i think the database should be in single user mode. Thank you all.
    But i have another question, why one user use sql server database, they have two process ID with same user and database?

Open up two Query Analyzer connections. You'll see the same thing for you.
    MeanOldDBA

But they are database user (Client), Why they also have two Process ID, also, i found the two host are different, one is their own host, another is not, why that happen? Thanks.

58 0 DOM\ssapienza Notary sleeping 0 AWAITING COMMAND Microsoft Office XP 0 not waiting 953 0 0 7/27/2004 11:02 7/27/2004 11:53 S27567 Named Pipes 00105A6D68CD 0 0
    59 0 DOM\ssapienza Notary sleeping 0 AWAITING COMMAND Microsoft Office XP 0 not waiting 1048 6 91 7/27/2004 11:02 7/27/2004 11:53 D27450 Named Pipes 00105A6D68CD 0 0
    Last edited by yyu; 07-30-04 at 10:14.

Use Profiler and trace SP:Completed and RPC:Completed with a filter on this user. Find out what they're doing. Does this user use Access to do things in the SQL Server database by any chance?
    MeanOldDBA