Question Unanswered: access newbie question

I need to make some if statements for text boxes in my subreport. I have never used access, but I'm getting the hang of it. I have answered most questions by "googling" , but this one is greek to me. I need to make some if statements to answer a yes or no question.
    1) if [reqitems] qty = [reqitems] AmountReceived, then answer yes in text field, otherwise, no

I have no clue on the syntax to make that happen. Someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks
    Last edited by ronjeremy86; 07-29-04 at 22:51. Reason: answered most questions by www.google.com

Talking

Thanks for all the help guys and gals! I have posted on this site twice and got one reply. Probably won't post again. Google was better help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ronjeremy86
    I need to make some if statements for text boxes in my subreport. I have never used access, but I'm getting the hang of it. I have answered most questions by "googling" , but this one is greek to me. I need to make some if statements to answer a yes or no question.
    1) if [reqitems] qty = [reqitems] AmountReceived, then answer yes in text field, otherwise, no

I have no clue on the syntax to make that happen. Someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks
    I am not sure what you mean by

[reqitems] qty = [reqitems] AmountReceived

But if Qty and AmountReceived are field names

IIF([Qty]=[AmountReceived],"Yes","No")

You can either put that as the data source in an unbound text box but put = before IIF

Or you can make a new field in a query

NewFieldName:IIF([Qty]=[AmountReceived],"Yes","No")

Mike