Question Unanswered: Exporting Universe Data

We are but simple folk, whose business depends upon an application that sits on top of a Universe database. We're looking to export ALL of our data, and have been trying to do so through the "pc download" function of our application. We don't have a lot of data at all (a few gigs), but exporting some tables as a flat file takes 18 FLIPPING HOURS.

Time is not a luxury we enjoy with this project.

Is there a native export feature in Universe that will permit us to export our data sometime before the next ice age?

Thanks!

uniVerse Data Export

I'm afraid that there is no simple way to export data out of Universe. I recently moved all data from uniVerse into SQL from a large system, but to do this, I had to write programs creating 'flat' files and then I used a tool called DataStage to do the transport.

Jeanette Hisaw
    Pick Developer
    www.mindsview.com

Quote Originally Posted by Caoimhin
    We are but simple folk, whose business depends upon an application that sits on top of a Universe database. We're looking to export ALL of our data, and have been trying to do so through the "pc download" function of our application. We don't have a lot of data at all (a few gigs), but exporting some tables as a flat file takes 18 FLIPPING HOURS.

Time is not a luxury we enjoy with this project.

Is there a native export feature in Universe that will permit us to export our data sometime before the next ice age?

Thanks!
    You may want to look at pixieware: www.pixieware.com I haven't used it personally but I have heard many people have a lot of success with it.

Good Luck,

John

I can recommend someone we had do this for a conversion we did for a client. It's a total pain. Email me @ jfogel_34683@yahoo.com If you would like to talk to them. They are in cali but works remotley.