Thread: Would it work?

Unanswered: Would it work?

Hello folks,

I run a phpBB community and an owner of another website approached me in an attempt to merge my forums with his website.

He will install phpBB and it will read the data base from my server, thus: any changes will happen on his behalf will be affected on my data base thus: my website will aswell.

So basically its just the process of integrating his website to be readable and accessable by mine so as he would be able to use it.

My question is: Is it possible to prevent him from actually moving the data base to his own website? In a way that he would copy them and could just discontinue and use my data base (stolen) and continue from there? Or is there a way to secure it? In such a way that he would be able to only read and do the normal commands such as post a reply, edit, delete etc...

As you said he want's to share the same database, this is not safe. He can copy all the stuff from your databae if he get the username and password. If you think of a user with low powers like only select, insert,delete and update is all enough to take the information from the database.
    So it's not safe.