Unanswered: write to idapi32.cfg using vbscript/installscript/...?

hello,
    does anyone know if it is possible to write to the idapi32.cfg file using vbscript or something? I have a product that installs the bde but I need to dynamically write the netdir setting based on where a user chooses to install some components. I've tried using vbscript and opening the file as if it were a text file but that hoses the entire file. Any suggestions? (I realize that it is possible to do this via delphi or paradox/objectpal, but I am looking for a way to do this from another programming language/scripting language which looks like it might not be possible). Barring that is it possible to use a relative path for the netdir setting rather then an absolute path?

thanks much.
    Last edited by cmose; 07-30-04 at 11:34.

You don't need to do it: Simply rename the idapi32.cfg to .old and the bde will use registry settings instead!

Here you can find the registry key containing the net dir setting:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine\Settings\DRIVERS\PARADOX\INIT]
    "NET DIR"="C:\\"

Bye!
    The only failure is not trying to do it.

thanks much,
    I assumed there was a way to set it in the registry, just didn't realize that the idapi32 file had to be not present or renamed.
    thanks much.